Let Freedom Ring!


I have always been pretty patriotic, I knew I was blessed to live in America and have not only clean water as a standard but a mentality built into me that there is no limit, anything is possible. I however was greatly unaware of how much I loved this country until I married a sweet, handsome, loving Brit and moved across the pond. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against my hubby's home, it is just simply different.

There are some absolutely beautiful things about the English lifestyle, family and friends are very much a priority and work life comes second. The culture is deep and rich, the traditions solid and meaningful. Not to mention the beauty of century old buildings that were not torn down, but still used everyday. These things, I truly love and often reminisce on over a cup of tea.

I remember watching the World Cup last year though, England vs. USA round 1. Everyone almost guaranteed England to win. I will never forget though the BBC anchor talking during the pre-game chatter and saying that as much as England was favored to win there was something about America and the fact that we could take it, that we always seriously believed we could win, that we could do anything. That is what I missed, that is what makes me proud to be an American.

Needless to say, I have a trooper of a Tuohy family who have made every fourth of July absolutely fantastic and truly have embraced my culture and all its holidays with open arms, even if we did win ;). This year we were blessed to share  it with a couple who have become such great friends of ours. We celebrated a new job change in the Tuohy family and a first-time home purchase in the Billmans before heading off to watch fireworks reminding us of our freedom that we so often take for granted.  It was overall a spectacular night! I really do thank my lucky stars to be living here today.


xoxo
Celebration Night!
Sugar Free Cake & Sugar Free Frosting
Yet still YUMMY!
New Homeowners!!!
Watching Fireworks!
Team Tuohy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum