Jesus Calling on a Thursday

One of the wonderful ladies in my community group, Kristin, found this devotional called Jesus Calling and after a few she sent out for all of us to read I fell in love with it, it was the only devotional I had come across that spoke "directly to me." It made me feel as if I was truly with God hearing Him talk to my heart, in a way that is similar to reading through the scripture and stumbling across that passage that was clearly put in your path for that day. Yummy goodness.

So on a search for the book I went and ended up coming across the Jesus Calling App and thought it was a brilliant idea to have it so downloaded it to my nifty iPhone and am encouraged by the ability to have it at instant access. There is definitely something about opening a book in the morning sipping a cup of coffee (especially when God's Words are in it) but unfortunately I am of the generation that likes immediate satisfaction (working on this!) and this app does just that- I can share it at any point in the day or re-read myself! All about this!

Today's devotional was so sweet to my soul. More than that though I loved getting to exchange the simple text with Kristin about how good it was- giving me another opportunity to watch the Lord speak into our lives and friendship. Part of living in community is getting to "do life together." It was so small but awesome this morning to watch this devotional strike me and then hear from Kristin that she as well loved it. It lets us encourage each other and share in the same truth. I love this kind of stuff. 

I then sent it off to a sweet friend and my hubby and decided that it was one of those that everyone should get to soak in. So.... here it is, in all its goodness- hope you enjoy:

KEEP WALKING with Me along the path I have chosen for you. Your desire to live close to Me is a delight to My heart. I could instantly grant you the spiritual riches you desire, but that is not My way for you. Together we will forge a pathway up the high mountain. The journey is arduous at times and you are weak. Someday you will dance light footed on the high peaks; but for now, you walk is often plodding and heavy. All I require of you is to take the next step, clinging to My hand for strength and direction. Though the path is difficult and the scenery dull at the moment, there are sparkling surprises just around the bend. Stay on the path I have selected for you. It is truly the path of Life.

If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand. - Psalm 37:23-24

You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At your right hand are pleasures forevermore. - Psalm 16:11 (NKJV)

Seriously now... what an awesome God. It gives me chills to know we can actually delight Him, it gives me strength to know He selected this path, for as much as I may not understand or always think it is great, He selected it which means there is a divine purpose behind it, Glory will surly come. It gives me hope for the days I will dance on the peaks, and more than anything I tear up at the thought that He, an almighty God, will forge a path TOGETHER with me, Erin Tuohy, with all my sinful ways. Simply love. I am encouraged to cling to Him for that is all He requires and to see those sparkling surprises that are yet to come. How great is our God.


xoxo

1 comments:

    Love it! :)

     

Post a Comment

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum